Security is Ensured by careful & United Response by Intelligent, Trusted, Yeomen’s services.
S : Smart
E : Efficient
C : Careful
U : United
R : Reliable
I : Intelligent
T : Trained
Y : Youthful
“Security Guard” shall mean a person, other than a police officer, employed by a security guard company to principally perform one or more of the following functions within the state:
- Protection of individuals and/or property from harm, theft or other unlawful activity;
- Deterrence, observation, detection and/or reporting of incidents in order to prevent any unlawful or unauthorized activity including but not limited to unlawful or unauthorized intrusion or entry, larceny, vandalism, abuse, arson or trespass on property;
- Street patrol service;
- Response to security system alarm installed and/or used to prevent or detect unauthorized intrusion, robbery, burglary, theft, pilferage and other losses and/or to maintain security of a protected premises.
The role of a security guard professional is to provide his/her client/employer with professional protective services and is dedicated to the principle of maintaining order and security within the area of his/her control.
A security guard must be firm but fair and cognizant that his/her actions are geared to the safety of people and their property.
The primary responsibility of a security guard is to protect persons and/or property from harm.
Chief Security Officer (CSO) – Will be responsible for the over all management & handling of security. It will be his job to see that equipments, procedures, guidelines & personnel deployed, are all working in proper order. All communication, suggestion, complains & appreciations of the security by the management or individuals have to be brought to his notice for immediate action. Security personnel deployed will be only following his orders.
Day & Night Security Officer (SO) – will be responsible for there respective day & night shifts. They will be reporting directly to the CSO. They will be handling day to day security & will review security personnel deployment, security drills & turn out. They will be handing over & taking over charge from day & night SO. They will have to maintain record of all day & night activities & submit there reports directly to the CSO everyday.
Unit Security Supervisor (USS) – will be responsible for coordinating deployment & activities of Head Security Guards & Security Guards. There duties are mainly for mobile patrolling & acting as bridge between the top & the lower structure. It is important for them to be vigilant as they are the ones on whose behalf the SO will make the reports for review by the management or individuals & our own self assessment.
Head Security Guards (HSG) – will be working with USS & help them to give grass root information & activities of the security guards & in general.HSG practice the “detect, deter, observe and report” methodology.
Security Guards (SG) – although the last stage of the chain, they are one on whose shoulders the whole systems work. They are responsible of all the activities happening & report them to there seniors. There mantra “observe and report,
Deployment and Training Parameters
Training is closely monitored by the Chief Operating Officer to ensure uniformity and stringent minimum acceptable standards. However, the conditionality is that they should come up to the minimum required standards. ie., Height 5’8”, Minimum 10th pass with cleared police verification.
This is meant for Security Guards who join us from other security companies. The duration is one week and the main purpose is to infuse our work culture and ethos. This also takes into account of the disciplinary and functional aspects.
New Recruits’ Orientation Capsule
The Enhanced Security Guard Program is intended to provide attendees with the training and skills necessary to:
- Improve observation, detection and reporting skills;
- Improve coordination with local police, fire and emergency services;
- provide and improve skills in working with advanced security technology including surveillance and access control procedures; and will have attended training:
- requiring at least forty hours of training including 3 hours of training devoted to terrorism Awareness.
Supervisor and Security Officers’ Training
In addition to the above training aspects, supervisory and monitoring responsibilities are emphasized.
Deployment and Training Parameters
Our organizational and functional parameters cater for the following, in keeping with our philosophy of “Security by Professionals.”
The components are: –
- Stringent recruitment procedures.
- Pre-induction training, at our training center.
- On-the-Job Advanced Training Constant checks, monitoring and implementation of ‘feed-back’ inputs from customers
- Honouring all statutory requirements and obligations.